I know a secret little garden in Slovenia where you can sleep under the stars surrounded by fresh salad produce and bubbling brooks. I know a place where you can wake up in a luxurious tree-house or five-star canvas tent (I’m talking heating/air/con, TV – the works) to the sound of bumble bees busy doing their business. A place where, upon rising, you can get your downward dogs down-pat on the lush grass next to your very own hot-tub, pick an apple from the tree and be on your way to a special farm-to-table breakfast laid out on a bed of grass in front of you (a table top made out of real grass to be exact). Yes, Garden Village Lake Bled isn’t your typical holiday experience. Hell, it’s not even your typical ‘eco-glamping’ experience, if ever there was one.
Garden Village is a special slice of nature and it’s hard to compare it to any other lodgings around the world.
Garden Village Lake Bled – The Lowdown
| A naturalists heaven
|Hansel and Gretal but without the weird witch!
| Nothing but the buzzing sound of life!
|Families, wedding groups, couples, friends – basically anyone who loves a good glamp (and who can afford the price tag that comes with it)
- Proximity to the Lake itself – Garden Village Lake Bled is located a mere 5 minute walk to the lake and the Pletna boat landing that takes you to Bled Island.
- The food. Oh dear lord, the FOOD! They grow all their fruit and veggies in their garden and source local fish from the lake. You can literally taste the freshness!
- The peace and quiet that comes with a back-to-nature experience.
- The communal fire-pit for those chilly nights. A place where you can bond with your fellow guests over a glass or two of red.
- The large, double-level glamping tents are the best I’ve ever stayed in. Think 5-star hotel room inside canvas.
- The ‘living pool’ – a swimming pool which looks like a pond and has things growing in it. Cools.
- Stay in the double-level glamping tents and you get your very own solar-heated hot-tub
- Snack on a strawberry or an apple from the garden.
- Free bikes to explore the lake and surrounds.
- Surprisingly, the WiFi reception is pretty good
- This is glamping with the price-tag – for the best tents you’re starting at $400AUD+ per night. They do have smaller tents for less.
- Make sure you time your visit in Spring or Summer – I can’t envisage the colder months to be fun in a retreat focused so much on nature, greenery and freshness.
- 24 hour reception
- airport shuttle
- mini-mart on site
- free bicycles
- buffet breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Heating and Cooling
- Free wi-fi
- Luggage storage
- Multi-lingual staff
- Laundy facilities
|Basic glamping tents starting from $202AUD/night in high-season. Luxury tents from $400AUD / night.